More On The Way...

Hello Everyone..It has been awhile (once again) but I have been very busy.  I have good news- I just finished loading the wood kiln and I will be firing tomorrow!  My hands are raw and by body is tired, but I am very excited about the firing.  It is one of my very favorite days- I get up before dawn, sometimes in the middle of the night.  Out where we live we can hear the quiet, and it is wonderful.  We are having an early spring this year in Maine and the ground is thawing.  Things are quite a mess out there and I will have to put planks down in order to traverse the terrain without looking as if I was mud wrestling.  I don't mind- it was wonderful loading the kiln with my shirtsleeves pushed up- mudding the door was great since my fingers weren't frozen...aaahhhh the pleasure of it all!  Seriously, the owls have started hooting once again (I heard them for the first time after the winter just last night), and I will watch the sun come up as I stoke the fire.  I will post photos of everything, including the firing, in a few days.....and then of course comes the unloading, which I will also share.  'til then, Ciao....

Comments

  1. sounds so romantic, can't wait to see the results. What does ciao mean???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope those owls have some real hooters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana - So nice to reconnect at CraftBoston...and see your beautiful pots. I loved those two lidded jars with the wiggly bodies. Hope I can drive around Maine and visit your studio this summer. Best, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. just a bunch of bullhonking!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts